Provided energy switching advice to clients facing fuel poverty to 990 households in 2016-17 (relates to Big Energy Saving Network project).
Each year 120 tonnes of donated items are brought into Upcycle Birmingham for repair, upcycling and resale.
Last year 130 people accessed our employment service for help with job search, CV building and other support. 19 of which went into employment.
Last year the Library Issued 9646 books, signed up 158 new members and increased our book collection by 500, 400 of which were donated by Library users.
About Spitfire Services
Spitfire Advice and Community Services is a resident led not for profit organisation that provides a range of welfare information, support and advice services to enable disadvantaged people to thrive and reach their full potential in life.
- General information and signposting
- Money Advice – benefits advice, debt management, ways to save money / reduce outgoings, budgeting
- Housing – form completion, possession and eviction and support at court if required
- Tyburn Community Library
- Employment support – CV preparation, job search, confidence building, interview coaching, access to training
- Credit Union – Advance Credit Union membership and paying in point
- Volunteering – support and placement matching